Working out of our Vancouver Office, the Bookkeeper is an integral part of the Engineering Team at Laporte. He/She will provide exceptional customer service to the internal and external stakeholders and provide bookkeeping and payroll support for the Western Region (Vancouver, Lethbridge, Edmonton and Toronto) offices.
- Manage the entire billing process:
- Generate and approve timesheets and expense reports
- Produce and track invoices
- Check employees’ time sheets and expense statements on a weekly basis;
- Support bookkeeping including, but not limited to: account receivables, account payables and generating reports
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end activities and GST reporting for the Western Region offices
- Successful completion of a high school or college diploma. Previous relevant Engineering firm experience an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in bookkeeping
- Experience tracking and maintain data on various activities, projects and initiatives
- Experienced using SAGE software
- Experienced using Quickbooks Pro software
- Knowledge of dealing with external and internal stakeholders
- Personable, approachable and welcoming
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid comfort with numbers
- Reliable and a great team player
- Pursuit of excellence
The Laporte team offers, in addition to a competitive salary and benefits, a refreshing alternative that deals with projects in such a way as to create a work environment that promotes communication, knowledge transfer, transparency, understanding and respect of the various stakeholders.
Please forward your resume and indicate the following reference: (Acc. Van. 09-2017).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.