Our Western Region subsidiary, Laporte Engineering Inc., has the following full-time permanent position opening: Dairy Process Engineer – Edmonton, AB
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Located in Edmonton and reporting to the Director of the Prairie Provinces, you will be responsible to support the process engineering requirements for industrial building systems.
- Managing Food & Beverage plant upgrade projects;
- Creating equipment specifications and coordinating preparations of plans and quotes in collaboration with interdisciplinary project team members.
- Ensuring compliance with safety standards
- Specifying, analyzing proposals, selecting equipment and following up with suppliers and contractors.
- Monitoring and controlling costs and schedules, and presenting projects’ progress reports to customers.
- Designing processes and utilities;
- Supervising equipment installation, start-up and commissioning;
- Maintaining friendly, proactive and professional communication with clients, equipment suppliers and contractors on site;
- Identifying and evaluating potential business opportunities.
- Designing distillation/rectification systems
- Resource to support dairy, beer, wine and spirits
- Filtration expertise an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Biotechnology or Food Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in an engineering consulting firm.
o Optimization of existing systems.
o Equipment Design and specifications.
o Knowledge of distillation principals.
- Mobility: regular trips to the customers’ plants including longer assignments during start-up.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Pursuit of excellence;
- Technical know-how.
- Permanent position for the next twenty-four (24) months;
- Forty (40) hours a week;
- Base remuneration range 65K – 100K per year;
- Benefits: Health Insurance coverage, RRSP plan, reimbursement of public transportation, and 3 weeks vacation.
If you would like to join our team, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.