You will manage all aspects of electrical projects for our clients including:
- Electrical and Telco Utility coordination
- Design of:
- Medium voltage distribution
- Low voltage distribution
- Emergency backup systems (generator and/or UPS)
- Fire alarm
- Lighting and lighting controls
- Process electrical and automation power and control requirements
- Modeling and analyzing electrical power systems using
- Perform protection coordination, short circuit analysis, load flow analysis and arc flash hazard studies
- Writing and reviewing equipment, tender and installation specifications;
- Coordination with and supervision of other members of project team;
- Field reviews and field review reports
- Supervision/Witness of fire alarm verification
- Construction and equipment procurement follow-up;
- Support during start-up and commissioning.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical engineering degree with 4 – 6 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD 3D is a must.
- Automation knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in consulting engineering in the pharmaceutical or food and beverage industries an asset.
- Good knowledge of the industry and regulatory standards and design criteria.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques.
- Ability to travel to client sites in Canada and the USA.
- Experience with SKM Power Tools, AGI32, Revit.
- Able to make frequent trips to the customers’ place of business.
- Experience in process engineering (light industrial, food and beverage or pharmaceutical facilities) an asset.
- Strong technical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of local, Provincial and National regulations and standards relating to electrical installations.
- Ability to timely identify and resolve issues.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Sense of organization, discipline and task prioritization.
- Excellent communication skills.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.
If you are interested in joining Laporte’s successful team, send your resume by no later than December 22, 2017, mention the job title in the subject line.
Laporte is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.