The Mechanical Engineer position designs mechanical and thermal devices for commercial buildings and utility plants. Qualified candidates need a minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering role within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and/or food and beverage industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Located in King of Prussia, PA, and reporting to the Operations Director, East Coast, the engineer will be responsible to support and lead the process engineering requirements for client projects.
- Participate in analysis of client needs and project definition;
- Contribute in all project phases and deliver the agreed scope, within timelines and budget;
- Design utility, HVAC and plumbing systems. This includes airside and fluid side systems;
- Prepare drawings and specifications;
- Evaluate and select equipment, technologies and suppliers;
- Partner with cross functional team members;
- Supervise equipment installation, start-up and qualification;
- Visit project sites for information and project related activities.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in the pharma or food and beverage industries;
- Excellent skills in technical support, troubleshooting and AutoCAD;
- Ability to execute project tasks from objective to recommendations via logical progression using calculation and presentations in spreadsheets and narratives;
- Solid knowledge of ASME, ASHRAE, relevant International Building Codes, NFPA and other applicable local standards;
- Knowledge in pipe stress analysis and process piping design is an asset.
- PE designation or eligibility for professional registration will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements;
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Knowledge of post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology;
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers and peers into adopting “best practices” in the engineering field;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance;
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma;
- Versatility in disciplines other than the one academically trained for is highly desired;
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.
Travel Travel is expected for this position.
To learn more about Laporte Consultants, please visit http://laporteconsultants.com
N.B. It is mandatory that you reference “Mechanical Engineer – King of Prussia, PA” in the Subject field below.