Laporte is looking to fill the position of an intermediate packaging engineer. Located in Mississauga, Ontario, you will be responsible for supporting and leading engineering projects in the fields of food and utility processes associated with packaging lines.
- Overall management of engineering projects – internal and external coordination;
- Contribute to the design of packaging facilities;
- Write technical specifications for packaging equipment;
- Evaluate and select packaging technologies, equipment and suppliers;
- Partner with cross functional team project;
- Supervise equipment installation, start-up and qualification;
- Visit project sites for information and project related activities
- Engineering degree or relevant project management experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with packaging equipment in the food and beverage or pharmaceutical industries, either for an equipment manufacturer, a manufacturing plant or a consulting firm;
- Able to accommodate travel to deliver against client project mandates outside the GTA in the future. Note, initial projects will likely be focused in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
- Refined communication, organizational, project management and negotiation skills are essential as is experience of delivering successful projects to the customer.
- Communication skills
- Results oriented
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.