Laporte Engineering Inc. is an engineering firm Founded in 1999, specialized in the process, building, and utilities. With more than 320 employees, Laporte provides a complete range of professional services to Pharmaceutical, Biotechnological, Food and Beverage and Industrial companies. The company operates in Canada, the United States of America, and Europe. For more information, visit our website: www.laporteconsultants.com
Laporte Engineering is looking to fill the following position for Toronto Office
Pharma Process Engineer / Project Manager
The Process Engineer position is responsible for Project Management at large scale food manufacturing plants, responsible for capital projects, equipment’s replacement, expansions and regulatory requirements, Projects forecast, Schedule and coordinate construction, Pan and manage budgets and contractors with strong hands-on experience with Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Process Engineer will be responsible to support and lead the process engineering requirements for client projects.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications.
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans, and assess risks.
- Prepare project schedules, scope statements, and budgets.
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with the agreed scope and timelines and make relevant recommendations to the client.
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction.
- Manage timely completion of tasks per plan without direct supervision.
- Project management requirements.
- Provide discipline specific input for bid packages and tenders.
- Suggest, contribute and champion initiatives to improve the Engineering Department’s operations and procedures.
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface.
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization across various local geographies.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- 8-12 Years of progressive experience in process design for the food and beverage industry.
- Experience in the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels, and CIP systems.
- Familiarity with FDA, USDA, Health Canada, ISPE requirements.
- P.Eng. designation will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Knowledge of post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology.
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers, and peers into adopting “best practices” in the engineering field.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance.
- Versatility in disciplines other than the one academically trained for is highly desired.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.
If you are interested in joining Laporte’s successful professional team, submit your resume with confidence and mention the job title in the subject line.
Laporte is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.