Laporte Engineering is looking to fill the following position for Southern Ontario
Project Management at large scale food manufacturing plants, responsible for capital projects, equipment’s replacement, expansions and regulatory requirements, Projects forecast and schedule, Schedule and coordinate construction, Pan and manage budgets and contractors with strong hands-on experience with Operations.
As the successful candidate you will manage all aspects of projects for Laporte clients in Food & Beverage, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and control project work package scope and approval process. Ensuring compliance and alignment with overall execution plan
- Coordinate the preparation and maintenance of master and working project schedules and controlling schedule changes
- Manage projects expansions and regulatory requirements.
- Manage on-site contractors and trades.
- Consult on design intent for process and mechanical installations.
- Manage site safety and GMP/Sanitary work, and create daily logs and open action list for the project.
- Interface with plant operator’s / stakeholders coordinating down time when needed.
- Navigate stringent manufacturing and food safety restrictions while working with plant schedulers to meet project forecasts.
- Prepare bid documentation for contractors to budget projects and submit funding request from the executive managers.
- Deliver scope presentations and kick-off meetings to plant operators and staff to gain input and consensus on project execution.
- Schedule site availability for project execution to ensure plant operation demands were being met.
- Strong Communication skills, foster and manage effective relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Bachelor of Engineering is a must.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is an asset.
- 10-15 years of experience in design of manufacturing processes (Food & Beverage preferred) with direct knowledge of Equipment design and fabrication.
- Knowledge of Project Management processes and preferably hold a PMP certification.
- Proven track record in managing as a project manager.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to review and edit reports, documents, and other client deliverables.
- Mobility and willingness to accept field assignments to fulfill project requirements.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.
If you are interested in joining Laporte’s successful professional team, e-mail your resume with confidence. Mention the job title in the subject line.
Laporte is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.