This role is a hybrid role based in our Toronto office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
. The BIM Modeler will be responsible to:
Communicate regularly with team to ensure schedules are met
· Comply with company Design, CAD and REVIT Standards
· Create AutoCAD and REVIT drawings from mark-ups or based on instructions from Group members
· Create working drawings using AutoCAD and REVIT following established company standards
· Highlight completed mark-ups and return drawings
· Layout and size mechanical systems as directed
· Maintain drawings including architectural backgrounds up-to-date
· Organize and print drawing sets as requested in a timely fashion
· Produce plot files, PDF’s, part plans as required
· Review drawings for quality control
· Set up drawings in an organized fashion and appropriately labeled
· Store, manage and archive drawing files and record sets of drawings in accordance with company Project Management Standards
· Store and manage project documentation in accordance with company Project Management Standards
· Establish project set up in BIM 360 and giving access for the team members.
· Assists project team with developing project-specific BIM guidelines and BIM project execution plans.
· Create presentation-quality 3D models from 2D drawings for proposals, preconstruction, and construction.
· Develop/review project 3D models and provide clash detection, coordination, and phasing analysis.
· Follow the BIM execution plan, ensuring that the information is in line with the plan.
· Follow the process for clash detection – provide models, sort, and prioritize.
· Set up Revit, Navisworks, etc. Models.
· Create and name export views and export sets in Revit.
· Export data for use in other software packages.
· Generate model content (i.e. Revit families).
· Create federated Navisworks files.
· Export DWG format backgrounds from Revit.
· Participate in Coordination Meetings (clash meetings), supporting and providing information to support the project manager’s
- BS and/or MS degree in Civil Engineering field
- 5 plus years of progressive experience
- Excellent working knowledge in Revit (MEP)
- Excellent working knowledge in Navisworks
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage Industries
- Knowledge of GMP
- Strong relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance;
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite;
Come join a company that is currently expanding across multiple geographic areas in North America – both Canada, Mexico and the US.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes work-life balance and professional growth.