Responsibilities and Duties:
Located in Chicago, IL, and reporting to the Operations Director of the US, you will be responsible to support and lead the Project Management requirements for client’s projects.
- Participate in the clients’ needs analysis and project definitions;
- Lead all phases of the projects and ensure they are in accordance with the agreed scope, timelines, and budget;
- Manage and support the interdisciplinary team on site;
- Report the project progress to clients.
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction;
- Facilitate daily contractor coordination meetings to ensure seamless sequencing of activities;
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface;
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization across various local geographies.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in the area of Project Management for the food and beverage or Biopharma industries;
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry regulations (GMP, ICH, etc.), operations and facilities, and document management;
- Knowledge in consulting engineering an asset;
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers, and peers into adopting « best practices » in the engineering field;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance;
- Versatility in disciplines other than the one academically trained for is highly desired;
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Have the flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.
Travel up to 40% of the time is expected for this position.