As part of an integrated project team and supporting a team of engineers, the CAD technologist will:
- Design HVAC, plumbing, piping and electrical systems under the supervision of an engineer;
- AutoCAD drafting of complete HVAC works including air distribution calculation, duct sizing, duct layout, refrigerant piping, chilled water piping, diffusers / grill sizing etc. and plumbing, drainage and fire fighting layouts;
- Preparation Of Specifications And Bill Of Quantities;
- Take rough models, ideas, sketches, and/or concepts and become familiar with the project;
- Identify and insert any and all known items required for the project;
- Conceptualize and create designs and convert into a CAD design;
- Ensure the design schedule is followed, on a daily basis, in order to meet customer requirements;
- Site survey and construction follow-up-up.
- Technologist degree;
- Possess above average to excellent Autocad proficiency;
- Possess above average to excellent Revit 3D proficiency;
- Utilize sense of urgency in meeting all design schedules;
- Thorough knowledge of, and contribute to the improvement of LEI CAD operation, CAD standards and Professional Practice Management Plan (PPMP) standards, and coordinate them with other Laporte offices;
- Must have creative design talent including layout and experience in 2D/3D Designs;
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, with previous manufacturing and process support experience in the food and beverage, biopharmaceutical or medical device industry an asset;
- Automation/electrical systems knowledge is an asset;
- Knowledge in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques an asset;
- Must present self in a professional manner and maintain a positive attitude towards others;
- Must be able to work in a controlled environment.
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand dimensions & geometry;
- Have good soft skills and capable of working as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet defined schedules and deadlines;
- Pursuit of excellence;
- Ability to timely identify and resolve issues;
- Strong ability to work in a team environment;
- Be capable of providing constructive feedback and solutions to challenges;
- Be capable of working through disagreements and compromise;
- Sense of organization, discipline, and task prioritization.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, Laporte offers a refreshing work environment that promotes teamwork, professionalism, personal development.