Laporte Engineering is looking to fill the following position in its Toronto, Ontario location:
Located in Toronto, you will be responsible for supporting the process design and implementation requirements of pharmaceutical client projects. The individual shall be experienced in process design of manufacturing systems. Candidates shall have demonstrated technical abilities and excellent communication skills for the Biopharmaceutical Industry. Related technical abilities include design of processing equipment, clean utilities, and facility design.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare or modify process piping plans, P&IDs, equipment layouts;
- Prepare project schedules and cost analysis;
- Plan processing equipment installation projects, including preparation of equipment specification packages.
- Support positive client interactions and business development activities;
- Manage project execution to client’s satisfaction;
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Construction support to ensure installation is as per the design.
- Degree in chemical, biotechnological or industrial engineering (P.Eng. is an asset)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the design of manufacturing processes for Biopharmaceutical Industry.
- Experience in the design of fluid handling processes including preparation of process flow diagrams, heat and material balances and P&IDs.
- Knowledge in relevant industry codes and regulations such as ASME-BPE and GMP requirements;
- Coordinating and communicating with other disciplines and project stakeholders
- Mobility (trips to the customers’ place of business).
- Experience in project management and leading multidiscipline teams would be an asset.
- Construction management and commissioning experience would be an asset.
- motivated and result-oriented;
- Excellent Project management and communication skills;
- Strong ability to work in a team environment;
- Sense of organization and discipline.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.