Automation & Electrical Engineering Intern
Located in King of Prussia, PA and supervised by the Lead Automation Engineer, this role will support and learn from automation & controls requirements for client projects.
The student will collaborate to all aspects of challenging projects, from conception to commissioning including conducting surveys, drawing plans, reviewing shop drawings, developing conceptual designs, and writing specifications, preparing cost estimates, assisting with site supervision/inspection, etc.
The intern will be expected to work from our King of Prussia office 2-3 times a week, and the remainder from home. This is a paid position.
- Third-year bachelor’s student or scheduled to graduate in the year following the internship in an engineering program (electrical engineering or similar)
- Previous technical internship experience
- AutoCAD experience
- Team spirit
- Results oriented.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Able to commute to the King of Prussia office 3 days a week and work remote the remainder
Optional but helpful:
- Knowledge of automation systems
- Experience with PLC and HMI programming
- Experience with controls panels
- Experience with Allen Bradley equipment
- Experience working at a manufacturing plant
- Able to possibly travel to manufacturing sites for engineering support
Our Fields of Expertise:
- Food & Beverage: Various industrial processes such as beer, wine, juice, cheese, yogurt or other liquid processes.
- Biotechnology: Fermentation, purification, clean utilities, biological confinement; GMPs.
- Pharmaceutical: Formulation, CIP, purified water, aseptic filling, insulators, clean rooms, active ingredients.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes work-life balance, accountability and professional growth.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.