Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the creation, development, and application of our Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) program.
- Participate in the improvement, implementation and maintenance of OHS policies.
- Provide strong leadership in OHS.
- Promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Liaise with senior staff and management to identify OHS needs within the organization.
- Lead the accident investigation and analysis processes to determine root causes and propose corrective measures.
- Carry out OHS risk assessments and provide recommendations for risk management.
- Oversee the administrative management of health and safety at work (update of policies, training records, PPE inventory, evacuation procedures, etc.)
- Assist with maintenance of client Health and Safety prequalification accounts (ISNetworld, Cognibox, etc.)
- Lead the weekly internal safety memo initiative.
- Communicate with management to ensure effective OHS communication throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain the OHS Canada-wide communication system.
- Coordinate and participate in the activities of the OHS committee – manage the action items list to ensure the resulting actions.
- Develop, conduct, manage and improve the content of the Health and Safety training program.
- Perform new hire orientations.
- Coordinate third-party training for employees (Construction Site Safety Training, confined space, working at heights, hot work, WHMIS, lockout, etc.).
- Manage and communicate all OHS statistics.
- Education in a relevant field.
- Degree, certificate or other training in Health and Safety.
- 5 to 12 years of relevant experience in Health and Safety – pharmaceutical, agri-food, food or environmental fields will be considered an asset.
- English-French bilingualism required, oral and written.
- Knowledge of Canada-wide provincial Health and Safety legislation – Quebec, British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of confined space requirements, working at heights, hot work, HAZOP, WHMIS and CSA Z432 standard is an asset.
- Willingness for occasional travel (Canada, US).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and a good sense of organization.
- Ability to work independently and produce results with minimal direction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade to develop buy-in from stakeholders.
- Personalized approach to OHS based on partnership, flexibility, and openness to change.
- Personal desire to improve and promote OHS.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for rapid advancement.
- An environment that promotes personal empowerment and professional growth.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- 3 weeks of vacation from your hire.
- Paid sick leave (5 days / year).
- Flexible work schedule.
- Position to be filled in one of our offices: Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver
- Social activities.
- A stimulating and non-conformist work environment that leaves room for a balanced life and encourages efficiency daily.