Responsibilities and Duties:
Located in Raleigh (RTP area), NC and reporting to the Operations Director of US, you will be responsible for supporting & leading the Project Management requirements for our client’s projects.This role will work closely with and support our process engineers with projects in all FEL stages and requirements, and requires a solid understanding of pharmaceutical and/or biopharma engineering as well as manufacturing processes & practices.
- Participate in the clients’ user requirements analysis and project definitions
- Lead all phases of the projects and ensure they are in accordance with the agreed scope, timelines and budget
- Manage and support the interdisciplinary team on site
- Report project progress to clients
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction
- Facilitate daily contractor coordination meetings to ensure seamless sequencing of activities
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface
- Perform technical and cGMP audits on client’s sites
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization across various local geographies
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in the area of Project Management for the pharma or biopharma industries (life science)
- BS degree in Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Biopharma Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of pharmaceutical industry regulations (GMP, ICH, etc.), operations and facilities and document management
- Consulting engineering experience an asset
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire for business development.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers and peers into adopting “best practices” in the engineering field
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others
- Capability to engage and energize others to reach their fullest potential and performance
- Versatility in disciplines other than the one academically trained for is highly desired
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Have flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed
Travel up to 20% of time is expected for this position.
Come join a company that is currently expanding across multiple geographic areas in North America – both Canada and the US. Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes work-life balance and professional growth.