The process engineer position will work with our international process team and our clients to design engineering products and processes as well as ensure that quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position will also troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action, as well as research & recommend upgrades to existing machinery and process equipment.
This position is preferred hybrid out of our Chicago office, but experienced remote candidates with experience in food & beverage and related industries are also welcome to apply.
Qualified candidates need a minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering role, ideally within the food and beverage industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, drawings, and specifications for client plant processes
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans, and assess risks
- Prepare project schedules, scope statements, and budgets
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance within the agreed scope and time lines and make relevant recommendations to the client
- Perform project management
- Perform mechanical or process design
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams
- Manage timely completion of tasks per plan without direct supervision
- Support project management requirements
- Provide discipline specific input for bid packages and tenders
- Suggest, contribute, and champion initiatives to improve operations within client engineering departments
- Support positive client and sub-consultant interactions
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs, and internal and external presentations
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization across various local geographies
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields
- 3-15 years of progressive experience in the area of process engineering for manufacturing facility systems
- Ability to travel to customer sites 15-25% of the time
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Knowledge of post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite
Come join a company that is currently expanding across multiple geographic areas in North America – both Canada and the US. Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes work-life balance and professional growth.