Control System – Automation Engineer
Office: Chicago / King of Prussia.
This position provides support for our Automation Engineering department. We are seeking talented mid-level Automation / Controls Engineers with experience in automation systems design (panels, networks, instrumentation, programming, etc.)
As consultants, we are exposed a variety of projects, so we are seeking an engineer who is open-minded and happy with diversity in their work. This position will support/collaborate with intermediate-level and senior-level engineers with automation systems design, documentation, project management, programming, project surveys, commissioning, and client meetings. The position will support our pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and semiconductor clients.
The candidate will train with our engineers based in our King of Prussia, PA and Montreal, QC offices.
- Automation system design (process instrumentation, control panels)
- Control system programming, troubleshooting, commissioning
- Preparing design documentation (schematics, plans, BOM, equipment schedules)
- Cost estimation
- Project management
- Working experience with NEC and AutoCAD
- PLC / HMI programming experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Ability to collaborate with others
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 3-7 years of experience
- Experience designing and programming with Allen Bradley PLCs / HMIs
This is primarily an office-based position. However, due to certain client’s location and projects, this job might require up to 30% travel to support project surveys, meetings, commissioning, etc.