Engineering Project Manager
The Engineering Project Manager will work closely with our client in implementing and creating status reports for minor capital projects at several area plants, as well assisting the engineering team in optimizing utilization of design resources, ensuring compliance with all project systems, and that all projects are completed in adherence with site and corporate work processes.
Qualified candidates need an engineering degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering or project management role in an industrial manufacturing setting, ideally in the Food & Beverage industry.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the minor project budget and forecast capital and expenditures, in accordance with business engineering’s direction.
- Lead all phases of the projects and ensure they are in accordance with the agreed scope, timelines, and budget.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, handling internal prioritization of resources and coordination with plant to determine installation windows.
- Accountable for overall project performance, including safety, operability, quality, budget, and schedule.
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Facilitate contractor coordination meetings to ensure seamless sequencing of activities.
- Audit work processes and deliverables for compliance, and for meeting agreed upon project quality requirements and expectations.
- Ensure excellence in alignment to environmental, health & safety (EH&S).
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or related engineering field and 5+ years of Food & Beverage or Bioindustries experience.
- Experience with GMP design and ASME BPE and/or food quality requirements and Food Systems practices and design.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, team skills & ability to collaborate.
- Ability to lead multiple projects/tasks and drive projects to completion with strong operability to support reliable, high-quality production.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Knowledge of post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Able to work remotely on a regular basis.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Have flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.
Travel up to 15% of time is expected for this position.
Come join a company that is currently expanding across multiple geographic areas in North America – both Canada and the US. Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes work-life balance and professional growth.