Junior Process Engineer – Columbus, OH
Laporte Consultants is looking for a talented Junior Process Engineer to join our office in Columbus, Ohio in June 2023. With the stability of a well-established multinational firm and the entrepreneurial energy of a startup, we offer the best of both worlds. You’ll serve a wide variety of clients in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that rewards initiative. Work flexible hours from home or our co-working space in the vibrant Short North neighborhood with the knowledge that you’ll be rewarded for every hour you work. If you’re interested in building something new, we want to meet you.
Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, the Process Engineer will support and lead process engineering requirements for client projects. From coordinating the purchase of equipment and producing detailed designs to implementing projects on the plant floor, this hands-on role is critical to ensuring that quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are fulfilled at every stage of the game. Qualified candidates will have 0 to 3 years of progressive experience in the area of process design for the food and beverage industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications;
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans and assess risks;
- Provide specific input for bid packages and tenders;
- Prepare project schedules, scope statements and budgets;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance within the agreed scope and timelines;
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction;
- Manage timely completion of tasks per plan without direct supervision;
- Suggest, contribute and champion initiatives to improve the Engineering Department’s operations and procedures;
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface;
- Perform data analysis and prepare technical reports, SOPs and internal and external presentations;
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields;
- 0 to 3 years of progressive experience in the area of process design for the food and beverage industry;
- Experience in the design of fluid and bulk materials handling processes including preparation of process flow diagrams, heat and material balances and P&IDs, formulation, CIP, Purified Water, aseptic filling, isolators, clean rooms, active ingredients, packaging, fermentation, purification, clean utilities, biological confinement; knowledge of GMPs;
- Experience or knowledge of the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels and CIP systems;
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed (less than 25%), up to one week per month;
- Eligibility for professional registration will be considered an asset, including prior completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements;
- Strong leadership, relationship management and organizational planning and project management skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers and peers to adopt best practices in the engineering field;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Versatility in disciplines other than the one academically trained for is highly desired;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Graduating from April – July 2023
- Lives in Ohio
Come join a company that is rapidly growing across multiple geographic areas. Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes work-life balance and professional growth.