Junior Process Engineer – Raleigh, NC.
Laporte Consultants is looking for an entry level Process Engineer to be located onsite at our Raleigh, NC office. Candidate will ideally have some experience in the design, operation, and/or construction of industrial processes within the life science industries but recent graduates are welcome to apply. This role will support our clients with engineering design for new production facilities and provide technical support in the exciting areas of pharma, biotech, and agrifood.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in conceptual design projects;
- Develop preliminary and detailed engineering designs, drawings, and specifications such as PFDs, P&IDs, mass and heat balances, etc.;
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans, and assess risks;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with the agreed scope and timelines and make relevant recommendations to the client;
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs;
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields;
- Recent graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply. Preferred 1-3 years of progressive experience in process design for plants in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or food & beverage industries;
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed (up to 20%);
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal with the ability to transfer knowledge to others;
- Desire to learn and improve skills on a daily basis operation.
Come join a company that is rapidly growing across multiple geographic areas. Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes work-life balance and professional growth.
Job Type: Full-time
Travel required: 10-20%