Process Engineer – Burnaby, BC
Responsibilities and Duties:
Located in Burnaby, BC and reporting to the Lead Process Engineer, the Intermediate Process Engineer will support the process engineering requirements for client projects, including:
- Develop conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs, calculations, drawings and specifications
- Create & review block flow diagrams, PFDs, P&IDs, and Layout drawings
- Perform capacity simulation and analysis for process and utility areas
- Write and review process & equipment specification documents for vendor and client packages
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans, and assess risks
- Prepare project schedules, scope statements and budgets
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with the agreed scope and timelines and make relevant recommendations to the client
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction
- Manage timely completion of tasks per plan without direct supervision
- Suggest, contribute, and champion initiatives to improve the Engineering Department’s operations and procedures
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs, and internal and external presentations
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related fields.
- 5 years of progressive process engineering experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in the design of fluid and bulk materials handling processes including preparation of process flow diagrams, heat and material balances and P&IDs,
- Knowledgeable about unit operations within pharma/biopharma industries including fermentation, purification, formulation, clean utilities, biological confinement.
- Experience in the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels, and CIP/SIP systems.
- Able to work on multiple projects and meeting timelines in a fast-paced environment. Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required.
- Working knowledge of drawing tools such as AutoCad.
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.
Aïe ! Nous n’avons pas retrouvé votre formulaire.