Process Engineer CO-OP (Winter 2023) – Edmonton, AB.
Process Engineering CO-OP (Winter 2023) – Edmonton, AB.
Under the supervision of a mechanical or process engineer or designer, you will:
- Use CAD (Autocad / Revit 3D) to draft manufacturing and packaging systems, process systems, utilities and HVAC systems related to Food and Beverage manufacturing facilities;
- Take rough models, ideas, sketches, and/or concepts and become familiar with the project;
- Identify and insert any and all known items required for the project;
- Conceptualize and create designs and convert into a CAD design;
- Ensure the design schedule is followed, on a daily basis, in order to meet customer requirements;
- Utilize sense of urgency in meeting all design schedules;
- Coordinate with other team members;
- When presented with a task, the role of a Coop Student is to understand the task and to arrive at a solution up to the standards set forth by Laporte and its customers.
- 3rd or 4th year student pursuing a Process Engineering or technologist degree;
- Must have creative design talent including layout and experience in 2D/3D Designs;
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, with previous manufacturing and process support experience in the food and beverage, biopharmaceutical or medical device industry an asset;
- Automation systems knowledge an asset;
- Knowledge in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques an asset;
- Familiarity with food safety an asset;
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding customer and company designs;
- Must present self in a professional manner and maintain a positive attitude towards others;
- Must be able to work in a controlled environment.
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand dimensions & geometry;
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management and present self in a professional manner;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet defined schedules and deadlines;
- Pursuit of excellence;
- Ability to timely identify and resolve issues;
- Strong ability to work in a team environment;
- Sense of organization, discipline and task prioritization.
The Laporte team offers, in addition to a competitive salary and benefits, a refreshing alternative that deals with projects in such a way as to create a work environment that promotes communication, knowledge transfer, transparency, understanding and respect of the various stakeholders.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Aïe ! Nous n’avons pas retrouvé votre formulaire.