Senior Electrical Engineer – Burnaby, BC.
Laporte Engineering Inc. is looking to fill the following position for the Burnaby office. Qualified applicants in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg will also receive consideration.
Senior Electrical Engineer – Burnaby, BC
As part of an integrated project team, the Senior Electrical Engineer will report to the Lead Electrical Engineer, will be asked to perform the following:
- Modelling electrical systems in AutoCAD and Revit;
- Ensuring design work interfaces with that of other disciplines;
- Interpreting engineering specifications, resolving design and field engineering difficulties and coordinating work schedules;
- Developing, coordinating and preparing project specifications;
- Conducting technical research related to electrical systems and materials;
- Co-ordinating with equipment manufacturers and suppliers;
- Participating in technical studies and creating reports;
- Supporting development of construction cost estimates;
- Reviewing shop drawings for conformity with equipment specifications;
- Supporting positive client interactions and business development activities;
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical engineering degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must have the Professional Engineer designation in BC;
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD is a must. Revit is a plus.
- Automation knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in consulting engineering in the pharmaceutical or food and beverage industries an asset.
- Experience in electrical, controls and instrumentation in the following industries: mining, utilities, marine terminals, material handling projects and food/beverage processing
- Experience in leading and managing design projects and feasibility studies, proposals, on-site commissioning, power system studies, energy efficiency studies, specifications, and detailed electrical design engineering
- Good knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques.
- Ability to travel to client sites in Canada and the USA.
- Experience with ETAP, SKM PowerTools, Short circuit, protection coordination, and Arc Flash studies AGI32, Bluebeam.
- Able to make frequent trips to the customers’ place of business.
- Experience in process engineering (light industrial, food and beverage or pharmaceutical facilities) an asset.
- Strong technical skills. Project management is an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of local, Provincial and National regulations and standards relating to electrical installations.
- Ability to timely identify and resolve issues.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Sense of organization, discipline and task prioritization.
- Excellent communication skills.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.
Laporte is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.