Senior Mechanical Engineer
Seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer driven to lead projects independently. The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, drawings, and specifications for the following disciplines:
- Fire protection (performance specifications)
- Mechanical and piping.
Location: Ideally located in Raleigh, North Carolina or King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Primary remote work with client site visits as needed (10-20% travel required). The ideal candidate will have intrinsic motivation to mentor Junior Mechanical Engineers and collaborate in-person as necessary with team members.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will:
- Manage and quality review of deliverables and project execution (estimated 50% of workload)
- Process, piping/plumbing and mechanical designs (estimated 50% of workload)
- Assess the requirements of projects, break them into tasks, and work with the Project Managers to determine the scope of work, budget, and staffing.
- Write the scope of work for mechanical or utility design based on preliminary review and meetings with the clients.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic designs for new systems and analyze the operation of existing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in consulting business
- 8+ years of design engineering experience
- Knowledge of HVAC system design and experience with central utilities including steam systems
- Design of material handling and dust collection systems an asset
- Solid knowledge of mechanical codes and standards including ASHRAE, ACGIH and NFPA
- Familiarity with ISPE and HACCP requirements
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite, Autocad, Revit
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- 10-20% Travel is expected for this position.