Senior Process Engineer
The process engineer position is responsible for overseeing and planning operations for our pharmaceutical clients as well as develop processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. The engineer will also serve as a resource and expert to the process engineering team. This position works closely with our Partners and clients in designing systems, troubleshooting problems with production and taking corrective action and building relationships with clients and other stakeholders. Qualified candidates need a minimum of 7 years of experience in an engineering role within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Located in the Greater Toronto Area and reporting to the regional directors, the Senior Process Engineer will support and lead the process engineering requirements for client projects.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs, calculations, drawings and specifications;
- Critically review engineering designs, test plans, and assess risks;
- Prepare project schedules, scope statements and budgets;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in accordance within the agreed scope and time lines and make relevant recommendations to the client;
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Chair project team meetings and provide technical direction;
- Manage timely completion of tasks per plan without direct supervision;
- Support project management requirements;
- Provide discipline specific input for bid packages and tenders;
- Suggest, contribute and champion initiatives to improve the Engineering Department’s operations and procedures;
- Support positive client interactions and sub-consultant interface;
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs, and internal and external presentations;
- Pursue opportunities for business development and future growth of the organization across various local geographies.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields;
- 7 to 20 years of progressive experience in the area of process engineering for the biotech/pharmaceutical industry;
- Experience in the design of fluid and bulk materials handling processes including preparation of process flow diagrams, heat and material balances and P&IDs, formulation, CIP, fermentation, purification, clean utilities, biological confinement; knowledge of GMPs;
- Experience in the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels and CIP systems;
- Flexibility to travel to external manufacturing sites as needed.