As part of an integrated project team, the Electrical Engineer will report to the Lead Electrical Engineer. They will be asked to perform the following:
- Modelling medium voltage and low voltage (750V and below) electrical distribution systems in SKM;
- Conduct grounding design and studies;
- Interpreting engineering specifications, resolving design and field engineering difficulties and coordinating work schedules;
- Developing, coordinating and preparing project specifications;
- Conducting technical research related to electrical systems;
- Co-ordinating with equipment manufacturers and suppliers;
- Participating in technical studies and preparing reports;
- Supporting development of construction cost estimates;
- Reviewing shop drawings for conformity with equipment specifications;
- Supporting positive client interactions and business development activities;
- Mentoring junior E.I.T.’s and providing training;
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in consulting;
- Professional Engineer designation in BC;
- Professional work experience as an Electrical Engineer consultant in the agri-food, pharmaceutical or food and beverage industries. Other industry may be considered depending on skills and experience;
- 3 years using power analysis tools such as SKM PowerTools or ETAP and conducting Short Circuit, Protection Coordination, Arc Flash and Grounding analysis;
- Strong oral and written communications skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to travel to project sites (primarily located in the lower mainland with fewer locations outside B.C.);
- Experienced in leading and managing design projects, proposals, on-site commissioning, and/or power system studies in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong knowledge of local, Provincial and National regulations and standards related to electrical design;
- Good knowledge of electrical utility standards and design criteria.
Laporte offers a competitive salary and benefits and an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth.
Laporte is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.